Saturday, January 30, 2010

JOY IN THE JOURNEY!!!!










So here I am at 32 weeks. Things have been challenging lately but I also find myself being stronger. With contractions becoming more regular and stronger, everyday is a blessing that I can still be pregnant. I pray that we can make it to at least 35weeks. With a lot of laying in bed and an amazing husband that takes care of my house and kids, I think me and Olivia have a chance. I couldn't ask for better family and friends!!! I have found that I have to find joy in this journey even if it's been a unpleasant one.

Some of the things I find joy in:

* Being able to watch my kids play together without thinking I have to go finish the laundry or cook dinner

* Having my kids play on my bed while I can lay down and watch their imaginations take off

* Having my husband doing EVERYTHING!! (Really, how often do we get a chance like that?) From cooking to cleaning to running awful errands such as grocery shopping.

* Hearing my 4 year old daughter say "Mom lay down and put your feet up please."

* Being able to really be in tune with my baby

* Finding reassurance as I lay here and feel my baby kick me a thousand time a day (which are getting MUCH stronger, thank goodness)

* The money I've saved since I haven't been able to go shopping for so long

* Laying in my bed as I listen to my kids play in their rooms as I wonder what they are going to dressed up as next time they come out of their rooms.

* Listening to the kids playing and not having any worries about what toys they are getting out because my amazing husband will clean it up

So now that the end is actually in sight, I can almost say it hasn't been too bad! Okay maybe not but I can for sure say it could be worse. Day by day, week by week : )

4 comments:

courtney and andrew said...

Oh honey I so feel for you. I went on bed rest with my last the end of December and didn't have him until the 20th of February! Oh one of the biggest challenges of my life! It is so worth it in the end! Hang in there! Please please I would be so willing to help you out! I know how you feel!

The Taylor Family said...

We are sure proud of you!!! You are right, it is NOT easy, but so worth it :) And you are right about Nick....he is GREAT!!! Thank heavens for husbands. Olivia will be so special to you because of all you went through to get her here (hahaha....I hope not "special" like Peyton) We love you and wish we lived closer so we could help take care of you. One great thing comes out of being on bedrest....you find out just how many AMAZING friends you have and how AMAZING your family is!!!!

Kim said...

Yep....Your still a freakin cute pregnant lady!!! I miss you and wish I could be there to keep you company! Good luck!!!

maynardmoments said...

Hey there,
I hope you don't mind me checking out your blog. Your kids are ADORABLE! Seriously. They are so cute. Hang in there with the bed rest thing. You are almost done.
Becky Belnap Maynard