Thursday, January 1, 2009

Oh Isabel!!

So here is a funny little story about my sweet little girl Isabel.
We were all downstairs and I had just finished getting the kids into their pajamas and headed up stairs to put them to bed. I put Joshua down and then came to my bed to red Isabel her night time book "Llama Llama, red pajama." We read the book and I took her to bed, covered her, kissed her goodnight and walked out. Well Nick and I were still wanting to sit downstairs and watch TV. So I thought I would turn our TV on in our bedroom to make Isabel think we were upstairs in bed. I was downstairs for about 10 minutes and we heard Isabel coming down the stairs. She came around the corner and saw us sitting there and with a sigh, and a very concerned look on her face she looked at me and said " Mom, you tricked me. You weren't even in your bed." Nick and I had a good laugh and then I felt guilty. So we shut the TV off and all went to bed and she came to make sure I was really in bed a couple of times. She's now finally asleep. It's moments like this I realize how smart she really is. Man I love her. I can't believe she's going to be 3 in a week. WOW!!!

2 comments:

Courtney and Andrew said...

It's amazing how smart those little three year olds are! Thanks for the comment on my wall. It is getting really boring being laid up like this but I know it is the best! Anyways hope things are going good. Hope your little girls birthday was great!

Kim said...

Hey lady, I miss you guys soooo much!!!! Isnt it funny how smart kids are?? Branson never cease's to amaze me!!!